Tuesday, August 3, 2010

UPDATE!!!

Well I finally went through and cleared up the camera a bit. We have been busy painting baby's room and organizing things from showers and then now getting Jon ready to head to Ft. Polk for some training.

Tomorrow I will post more pictures from the past but tonight here are the progress pictures of our little Monkey's room:

So here are the blank white walls with all baby's stuff in the middle of the room.










































This is what we decided to use for the main colors. The base coat is the same color as the rest of the house kind of a creamy tan. I think the official name was toasted cashew. We then went and got some dark brown to make a 5 inch boarder all the way across the walls.




















The paint tape didn't do the BEST job with making a straight edge so I went back and put my perfectionism to a good use and straightened out the edges of the boarder.




















Below are the colors we chose for the inside of the boarder


I created an outline on paper before actually painting and then put up stencils and wrote with pencil to trace over.





Then finally the finished product as far as paint goes.

2 comments:

eric and melea said...

Very Cute! What does the border say? I thought for sure there would be polka dots?!

chelsea said...

Haha Melea there are some polka dots around the verses. I actually didn't really like them much (surprisingly) but Jonathan did so we are leaving them.